Last Updated on November 4, 2021
In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual, such as name, address, e-mail, phone number, location, credit or debit card information, or anything other information that may be used to identify an individual.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- THIRD PARTIES
- DATA SECURITY
- YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- CHILDREN UNDER 13
- MISCELLANEOUS ISSUES
- CONTACT US
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You will be asked to provide us Personal Information when signing up or registering our Platform or otherwise using our Platform. It is your choice whether to provide us with Personal Information. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you will not be able to benefit from our Platform or our services if that information is necessary to provide such services.
In most cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. However, we may also obtain Personal Information about you from third parties (such as PayPal, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube) or automatically when you interact with our Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide any information to us through a third-party site or platform, that any information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party site or platform and subject to the third-party site or platform’s privacy practices.
Below is a description of some types of Personal Information we process and the sources from which we obtain them:
- User Information. If you sign-up or register for our Platform as an user, opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers alerts, we will collect your first and last name, email address, password, your company or organization name and website, phone number, address or location, images or photos, and other information you provide to us, and we may also obtain from third parties your Personal Information when providing services to you, such as your account name/username, profile, images or messages posted or sent on a third-party site or platform like PayPal, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, etc. When you share blogs or other content in our Platform to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, we will collect your log-in credential and information in such social media platforms.
- Commercial Information. When you subscribe for our services in our Platform, upload or post requests of information technology infrastructure development and support solutions (“IT Solutions”) through our Platform, we will collect commercial information of you and your company/organization related to such IT solutions, such as description, status and history of IT solutions and other confidential business information that may be used to identify you.
- User Content. We may collect the user content submitted or shared voluntarily by you to us when providing service to you via our Platform and all such user content may be integrated and retained by us indefinitely, even after you terminate your account. We may continue to disclose such content to third parties in a manner that does not reveal Personal Information, as described in this Policy.
- Communications. If you choose to contact us for any purpose, we will collect your contact details, your name, and the content, date and time of your message, as well as our reply and any follow up action we take in relation to your inquiry.
- Device data. We may receive, store or automatically record usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier, IP address or location, type of device you use, or operating system version, when you visit our Platform. We may use website analytics software to better understand the functionality of our Platform on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the Platform, the events that occur within the Platform such as content you viewed, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the Platform was downloaded, etc.
- Other sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us identify new users, process payments (e.g. PayPal), or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the relevant social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We use your Personal Information for the follow purposes:
- To provide services to our users, including to allow you to purchase and obtain our service of IT Solutions, to create, request and manage your IT Solutions with us, to receive notification about your IT Solutions, to submit your questions about your IT Solutions or our service, to administer your account, profile and organization information, and other related services that you specifically request from us.
- To provide customer support, including but not limited to responding to customer support questions or your requests, and investigating and addressing user concerns.
- For marketing purposes, including to send our users offers or promotion alerts, newsletters and other communications to our users and business contacts. You may unsubscribe from our email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails that are sent to you.
- To manage our business relationships with our users, vendors, suppliers, Payment Processor, and other business partners, including processing payment and sending service-related communications and emails.
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, and to notify you about changes to our Platform, and any services we provide through the Platform.
- To protect the security and effective functioning of our Platform and information technology systems.
- For other business purposes, such as to provide, operate and improve our products and services, perform data analyses, detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud or illegal activities, defend our legal rights, and comply with our legal obligations and internal policies.
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We will share Personal Information with the following categories of recipients, subject to applicable law:
- Affiliates/Employees: We share Personal Information with our affiliates, and employees all over the US as needed to provide our services, for purposes consistent with this Policy or to operate shared infrastructure, systems and technology.
- Suppliers and service providers: We share Personal Information with companies that provide product or services to us for the operation of our business. These include providers of remote office services, cyber security services, mailing services, marketing services and finance systems. Such parties provide reasonable security for Personal Information and to use and process such Personal Information on our behalf only. For example, we may share your Personal Information with Elastic Email, for the purpose of sending emails to users.
- Professional advisors. We share Personal Information with our accountants and other outside professional advisors in the course of the services they provide to us.
- Financial institutions: We share Personal Information with Payment Processor (e.g., PayPal) or other financial service provider in connection with collection and payment of our service fees.
- Corporate purchasers: We may share Personal Information with any corporate purchaser or potential purchaser to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of Company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as an asset of Company.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal claims: We share Personal Information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, to comply with a request from our regulators, governmental request or any other legally enforceable demand. We also share Personal Information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
- Other third parties with your consent. We share Personal Information with other third parties with your consent.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Information, please contact us as specified below.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES:
The types of cookies we use include:
- Operational Cookies: To the extent applicable, we use operational cookies which are required for the operation of our Platform, for example, cookies that enable you to log into some areas. These operational cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Google Analytics Cookie: We use third-party analysis tools such as Google Analytics to collect information about how you use our services. We use this information to create reports and improve our service. This cookie can help us understand the number of visitors to our Platform, where visitors come from, and how visitors browse or use our Platform. It can also help us identify areas we can improve such as navigation, user experience and marketing campaigns. To learn more about how Google uses data, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. To opt-out from these cookies across our Platform, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Functional Cookies: We use functional cookies to improve the functional performance of our Platform and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Platform. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Platform.
Most web browsers allow you to manage cookies through the browser settings. Be aware that, if you opt out from and do not agree to certain cookies, your experience on our Platform may be diminished and some features may not work as intended depending on the cookie. To find out more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- THIRD PARTES:
Our Platform may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Platform and go to another site, and another entity may collect Personal Information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Policy do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of your Personal Information after you click on links to such outside websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
- DATA SECURITY:
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. However, because no information system can be 100% secure, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
- YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES:
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices as described in this Section:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account in our Platform at any time. You may also update and correct inaccuracies in your account information at any time by logging in your registration account.
- You may change your choices for subscription, alerts and newsletters.
- You may choose whether to receive offers and updates from us and promotions for our services.
- You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete such information.
- You may set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alter you when cookies are being sent.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your Personal Information, by contacting us as specified below. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, some of our services may not be available to you. If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us as specified below.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY:
We may make changes to this Policy. The “Last Updated” date at the top of this page indicates when this Policy was last revised. If we make material changes, we may notify you via a notice posted on our Platform or other method. We encourage you to read this Policy periodically to stay up-to-date about our privacy practices. Your continued use of our Platform after such changes will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the updated Policy; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by the updated Policy.
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request a notice regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by the Company to partners for the partners’ direct marketing purpose. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHILDREN UNDER 13:
The Company is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. Any communication we get that is identified as being from a child under 13 will not be kept by the Company. We encourage parents or guardians of children under 13 to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of email and other activities online. Further, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age.
- MISCELLANEOUS ISSUES:
- What are the consequences of not providing Personal Information?
You are not required to provide all Personal Information identified in this Policy to visit our Platform or to interact with us offline, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide Personal Information. If you do not provide Personal Information, we may not be able to respond to your request, provide services to you, or provide you with information that we believe you would find valuable.
- Does the Platform honor do not track (“DNT”) signals sent via browsers?
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we generally do not respond to DNT signals at this time.
- How long do we retain Personal Information?
We typically retain Personal Information related to marketing activities for as long as you accept marketing communications from us, and we will securely delete such data in accordance with applicable law upon request. For Personal Information that we collect and process for other purposes, we will typically retain such Personal Information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy and as otherwise specified in applicable record retention policies and procedures.
- Are third party websites governed by this Policy?
Our Platform may contain links and references to other websites administered by unaffiliated third parties. This Policy does not apply to such third-party sites. When you click a link to visit a third-party website, you will be subject to that website's privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy and security practices of any linked third-party websites before providing any Personal Information on that website.
- CONTACT US:
If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you would like to exercise your rights to your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com or through our website at https://www.clouve.com/.